• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working as efficiently as possible in the Adobe programs?

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How do I make sure I'm working as efficiently as possible in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.? There are multiple different ways to do the same task but I want to make sure I'm using the fastest methods as often as possible. Is just working in the programs more and more and researching the fastest way to achieve a given task the best way to improve efficiency? I'm simply curious if there's any other advice or tips to improve my efficiency in the applications.

2. Where can I find the patch notes/what's new from previous Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop updates? I know how to see the most current "What's New" updates but is there any way to see additions from previous versions of the applications without going on YouTube?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for #2: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

As for #1: You have to analyze the task you have. And then you analyze how you expect your workflow to be (like: do you expect artwork to be editable or do you expect input from a database or the like). And then you analyze what kind of result you want to have. And then you have to analyze the methods Illustrator has to offer. And then you decide.

There is not "the" single most efficient function.

Except maybe Live Paint 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Corrupt abyss wrote:
2. Where can I find the patch notes/what's new from previous Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop updates? I know how to see the most current "What's New" updates but is there any way to see additions from previous versions of the applications without going on YouTube?

When you are on the What’s New page for any Creative Cloud application, scroll down past the latest changes until you get to the Previous Releases heading. The one for Illustrator covers eight releases going back to 2019. To find changes from releases earlier than that, sometimes I check the version history on sites like Wikipedia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depends on excatly what you are doinmg. You can save as a .ai file and turn off pdf compatibility. Thsi will make the file much faster and smaller. You can save as and utnr back on PDF compatibility once you are ready to import into InDsign or Aftere Effects.

I would  recommend using the .PSD format for importing images into AI. You have nonlossy compression, adn edits are quick easy to make using .PSD placed workflow. Also link to images don't embed. Dont use old type 1 fonts they are problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines