• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom broken again!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple days ago, the key commands space + command and space + command + option, which I use all the time to zoom in and out, quit working.

I discovered in this thread Modifier keys not working that the issue was a conflict with Siri, and I tracked down and changed all the instances of Siri using some of those same modifier keys, as well as Spotlight, which also uses the space bar.

This morning, the same problem is back. I changed nothing between now and the last time it was working (last night). I do not have auto updates on for any of my software.

So, what's the fix now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

You could try resetting your preferences just in case it's a matter of Illustrator corruption.

To do so:

With Illustrator closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the folder called Preferences and within it find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe Illustrator <Version #> Settings” (earlier versions of Illustrator might just say “Adobe Illustrator”) and “

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try resetting your preferences just in case it's a matter of Illustrator corruption.

To do so:

With Illustrator closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the folder called Preferences and within it find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe Illustrator <Version #> Settings” (earlier versions of Illustrator might just say “Adobe Illustrator”) and “com.adobe.Illustrator.plist”. When Illustrator is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

After you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, it is a really good idea to create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks sooooo much!! That worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines