Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zooming in & out: Smooth trackpad vs jerky mouse

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Magic Mouse users,

Do you guys have the same behaviour that I do?

- When zooming in an out with a trackpad (pinch), the transition is very smooth, soft and precise (even if it blur the design a bit, which is not a problem, but you can select the precise zoom you need).

- When zooming with the Magic Mouse (opt+scroll), it is very jerky and I often struggle to find the right zoom (the zoom steps are too wide between each other when using large zooms: 3%, 4%, 6%, 8%, 12%, 16%, 25%, 33%, 50%, 66%, 100%, 150%, 200%, 300%,...).

I can understand that on a "classic" mouse, there is steps in the wheel (which match the zoom behavior), but is there a possibility either to:

- Reduce zoom steps (maybe every 5%? jumping from 66% to 100% and more after that is way to wide).

- Make a Magic Mouse opt+scroll as smooth as a trackpad

It seems that the MM is considered as a trackpad, in my settings the "zoom with mouse wheel" is uncheck, but when checked I can't neither zoom with the mouse tactile area nor with opt+scroll.

MacBook Pro M1 Pro, lastest macOS, lastest Ai version.

Thanks,

Romain

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Hello @8AMSTUDIO,

We understand that this feature is important to you and apologize for its unavailability at this time. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/31829743-customizable-zoom-levels-for-mouse-wheel-zoom), as suggested by Monika, and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Feel free to reac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a feature  request, you'd better post it to https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @8AMSTUDIO,

We understand that this feature is important to you and apologize for its unavailability at this time. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/318...), as suggested by Monika, and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Anubhav, will do so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines