• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a line not a filled shape with Adobe Draw

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create vector lines not filled shapes in  Adobe Draw and then export the drawing as lines to Illustrator?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Hi Paul.

I got an answer for you. Pasting it here word-for-word so nothing gets lost. Hope it helps.

Sue.

"Draw doesnā€™t create strokes, or single paths, but filled objects. Its drawing model is based on the Blob Brush in AI, which letā€™s you ā€œpaintā€ shapes. Not like using the Pen or Pencil tool in Ai, which creates a single path that you can then apply a stroke width or brush.

However, he COULD use Photoshop Sketch, which got the pen and pencil tools from Adobe Line. He can send the Sketch file to AI

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much This solution worked for me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried sending a test from Adobe Sketch (a simple line using the pencil brush) to Illustrator but 'Expand to Paths' is still greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expand is no longer needed for current Draw projects, but is unfortunately not useful for projects from current version of Sketch & Illustrator CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like an update on this app too. This is completely useless if we can have the vector paths. I don't want blob brushes for my drawings!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines