• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just downloaded the Illustrator Draw and need to export some illustrations as pdf.

In Ideas I was able to do this through e-mail but in Illustrator Draw I'm only able to e-mail as a jpeg.

Carlos

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i feel your pain. I just hope Adobe show some compassion and sort this huge problem out.

ITS TRANSPARENT THEY JUST WANT OUR MONEY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe wants more money !!!! I deleted all the applications of Adobe !!!! Good luck to you adobe... besides you there are other companies such as autodesk!!!!

You flew too high that would fall to the level of ordinary people!!!! Money for you above all else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I don't mind buying that app of yours for few euro. Really I don't.

I paid 7,99 € euro for Ideas and you stole it from me to replace it with Draw which is the same, just refreshed UI.

You did your own stylus and cut off the support of other styluses in past... nasty but you finally have support of wacom creative stylus.

Now you cut out export to PDF to boost sales on creative cloud... nasty again...

I would really just want to know if you intend to give us back the pdf export option just to know if I should uninstall all your apps or if there is hope for you.

What about my 7,99 € is you intend to make Draw a CC only app?

It seems it's just risky business to invest in purchasing any of your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up, unhappily... Ideas was the best for free hand vector drawing, Draw keep the quality, but without pdf/vector export is just a free toy not and a useable professional app (and I've payed 9,99 bucks for  full Ideas functionality - layers and vector export, do you all remember that? - back in 2010...). I've never seen such a huge quality backstep  like that before. I get real sad about it because I've made pretty good illustrations with Ideas. I've reinstalled iDraw (now Autodesk Graphic) and I'm trying to free hand with it (it's by far the best iOS vector app in terms of funcionality and options - the only downside is that even when you set the smoothing to zero it still make a little perceptible change in the line). Here's a little piece I've made with it:

pr172292-2-2176066-600x600-b-p-000000.jpg

http://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/t-shirt/the-possible-cons-of-a-seance/172292/

If Adobe someday change its idea about proper export in Draw, I'll be using it again, but by now, I can't stop my workflow because of an app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Concepts app. TopHatch

Creative Director / Illustrator
PPLLUVProcess.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I have Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CC on my company Mac and want to send my work from Draw but can't do it as they're part of a company wide CC license. How am I supposed to export my work from draw to Illustrator or Photoshop!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Can you not sign into Draw with your company Adobe ID?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌i don't have a company Adobe ID, we were never given one. We just have the software on our individual workstations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Is there any way you can get one from whomever does the software administration? (I use my enterprise ID to log-in to all the mobile apps.) Right now, it's the only way you're going to be able to send the work you do in Draw to Illustrator CC on the desktop.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a paid CC subscription through work, and I installed the draw app on my personal iPad with a free personal adobe id.

if i switch to my work ID to export, i no longer have access to my drawings.

very user unfriendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

There is currently no PDF export in Draw. Although it's my understanding that the team is looking at incorporating it into the app (for reasons like yours). In the meantime, there is a way for you to get your work out of your personal account and into your work account. It's a bit convoluted, so you probably wouldn't want to do it with all of your canvases, but it works. I just wrote it out and tested it for someone the other day. A cut-and-paste:

You should be able to use the “Share your Assets with Send Link” functionality through the Web, to move your native Draw files from one account to another:

Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/ with your PERSONAL (where your work is) Adobe ID.

Navigate to Assets/Files/Mobile Creations/Draw and select the project to share

Click on Share/Send Link, then the button Create Public Link

At this point, you can choose to send the link to an email address. Send it to yourself.

Then sign into your WORK CC account to open that link and when it opens click the Save to Creative Cloud link in the upper right hand of the screen. This will save the project to your WORK account.

It's going to take a minute or two for it to sync on the web and your device, so be patient and keep the app open. Once you can see it on your device in your WORK account, you'll be able to open it and work on it on your device and Send To Desktop when you're ready.

Give it a try and let me know if it works.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to do all the above do you have to be paying adobe a monthly subscription fee?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am paying the monthly fee and I still can access my own work, I can only view it. I've been using adobe software since 1991 and I've never hated it so much. I constanly feel cheated. It certain DOES NOT inspire creativity – it causes an inordinate amount of stress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi E.Fr,

I'm happy to try to help but I'm not sure I understand what's going on. Can you give me a bit more information:

Are you trying to send drawings to the desktop apps and it's not working?

Can you tell me which mobile device and operating system you're using?

Are you current on all the desktop apps (Illustrator CC v20.0.0, Photoshop CC v2015.5.0 and the CC Desktop App v 3.7.0.272)?

Any additional details will help.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

It's pretty straight forward, they want to take the art they've created in Adobe Draw and get access to it. They do no have CC.

Adobe removed the ability to simply email yourself a PDF, and said two years ago they'd be adding that feature back in but never have. People don't want to be strong armed into a subscription to access their own artwork.

So as the previous comment to yours made clear, because of this imposed workflow by Adobe they feel cheated and there isn't anything you can do because Adobe has mandated the only way to access your art is to pay them more money via a CC subscription.

What Adobe needs to do is honor their promise to bring this functionality back that they removed which Adobe Ideas originally had that users loved. That is the only fix for this. Telling someone they need the latest CC is not a solution, it's a scam.

Adobe created this problem, promised to resolve it and never has.

Von

PPLLUVProcess.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Von,

You're right. There isn't a whole lot I can do if someone doesn't have a Creative Cloud subscription... except continue to share these conversations with the product teams. Which I do.

The reason I responded to E.Fr is because it sounds like he does subscribe to Creative Cloud and he still is having trouble accessing his Draw art. But it's possible I misunderstood his post.

I do appreciate you posting. Thanks.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

The problem has been trying to send an image created in Draw to my desktop. In the past this has worked but yesterday I was told I needed the lastest version of Illustrator in order to do this. The reason that I'm still using version 19.2.1 is because I tried upgrading and this wiped all my settings, actions etc. So I tried sending a pdf to myself and of course I couldn't (this is why I ended up here). Eventually, through frustration, I re-upgraded and got access to my artwork but lost all my settings again. And of course I can no longer sync settings to the cloud either. So what should have taken seconds ended up taking nearly an hour.

I am running ElCapitan on a late 2013 imac with 24gb ram. It has to be said that El Capitan has also been a disaster and crippled InDesign for months. What is doubly frustrating about all this is that Adobe constantly bombards us with marketing material, promising a brighter future, but it all feels like it's for Adobe's glory. For the humble designer it will ultimately mean less control, more frustration and disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi E.Fr.

I'm sorry. I completely understand your frustration.

It sounds like things are working ok from app-to-desktop now? (Please let me know if I'm mis-reading your comments.) I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I want you to know that I do share all of these comments with the product teams.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I loved Idea's for the ability to export a PDF

Not cool Adobe. not cool.

Guess I'm finding a new app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR PDF FOR ABOBE DRAW.

ADOBE YOU ARE A JOKE. YOU HAVE PI55ED OFF LOADS OF CUSTOMERS.

YOU ARE A DISGRACE.

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE IN ADOBE REGARDING THE APP. THEY REFUSE TO TALK ABOUT IT.

I USED TO INFORM EVERYONE TO USE YOU. I HAVE NOW MOVED OVER TO CONCEPTS APP.

YOU JUST LOST ANOTHER CUSTOMER.

WELL DONE ADOBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

i too made the mistake of making a drawing on my iPad with Draw. Spending a lot of time on it and thinking (a function that is most basic i would think) I could export the vectors later.

It's just one drawing i really need. Is there anyone that can help me with this? I could send someone wiith illustrator cc my login, so he could use that to login my account and mail me my vectors...

please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See, Adobe said about two years ago now that it would return the feature of being able to email your file as a PDF. They had that in Adobe Ideas which was the first iteration of this app. But removed it with Adobe Draw so they could strong arm people over to adopting CC to make the app actually useful.

The whole mobile strategy of Adobe is fragmented and half-baked. Adobe Draw is very limiting. They expect you to push everything through CC which is slow and at times very buggy.

To see how an app should be flexible and let the user fully control their content check out an app called Concepts. Their development is strong and always improving it. Unlike Adobe Draw which is poorly developed and whose people simply lie saying they'll add features they removed back and never do.

PPLLUVProcess.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. And that's why i'll never sign for cc. me and my document will be tied for life...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap, I THINK that the most recent Draw update brought PDF export to Creative Cloud. Is this finally the answer for users who don't subscribe to the CC suite??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines