• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Bézier Pen tool in Adobe Illustrator Draw?

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what the developers were thinking when they decided to omit the Bézier pen tool in Adobe Draw. It is the defining tool of Adobe Illustrator. It's the icon used in the Adobe Draw app and yet it is nowhere to be found in the toolset.

It makes perfect sense to make a clean break from outmoded input paradigms when developing apps for mobile vs desktop. But without a Bézier pen tool Adobe Draw is essentially Adobe Sketch with vector output. When an illustrator or designer friend asks me if Adobe has a vector drawing tool for iPad Pro I have to say, sadly "No."

Yes, I could buy an app from one of the many third-party developers who have rushed in to fill Adobe's void. But their apps I am sure won't be of the same quality or have the cloud integration I've come to love from Adobe's Creative Suite.

Come on Adobe! I beg of you! Make our dreams come true and solve this first-world problem. We know you can do it! On behalf of all the loyal working illustrators and lifelong Adobe enthusiasts out there. Put the pro in iPad Pro.

Sincerely, Michael DiMilo

Illustrator, animator

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 112 Replies 112
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once more into the void, I have specifically logged in just to add my voice to the growing crowd. I am also an industry professional and have been loyally using Adobe products for over 12 years for personal and professional use. I literally just downloaded Adobe Illustrator Draw for the pen tool... Only to not find one. After two years you would think that the company would at least consider adding this feature? A vector brush app is so completely shadowed by so many other apps that offer more. I’m disappointed, Adobe. It took me 15 seconds to find an app that is also free that will let me do what I want to do on here... Get with the times, I’m uninstalling your uninspired app.

Best,

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Questioning the use of the most used software in the world

could work and I believe the tool that should have in the

Illustrator draw, certainly would work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another +1 on the Bezier Pen Tool request here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad to see people requesting this. This is my biggest frustration in Adobe Draw. I NEED a pen tool. I want to be able to draw actual lines for filling in vs. "blobs" which are much more difficult to finesse inside Illustrator. I thought I was doing something wrong, when all my fine lines showed up in illustrator as a bazillion pieces. Draw is GREAT for what it's good at, but unfortunately, I don't draw that way. Darn. I end up having to use Procreate to sketch and then import into Illustrator and trace to get a cleaner document to work from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

I’d really like to be able to draw just a path.

Please add this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote! I'm not looking to replace my desktop version of illustrator, just have more flexibility in my process. The pen tool is crucial to the way I sketch. I'll be going to Affinity Designer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been my biggest frustration as well. Right now I use a 3rd party app, and it works well enough, but I know Adobe can do better, and integration with other Adobe apps would be great. Adobe, please add the bezier too to Draw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote for a Bezier pen tool!  While I like that all these strokes can be manipulated later in Illustrator, I shouldn't have to switch to a desktop for this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know.  This is crazy.  I’m learning vector drawing and the main tool things center around is the Bézier pen tool and points.  It’s so weird that Adobe’s version of Illustrator on iPad Pro even doesn’t have the tool and I can’t see how it has anything to do with vector drawing any more than any regular drawing app.  Luckily there are a few actual vector drawing apps for the IPad though.  Adobe is the premier app on the PC for this, what many tutorials and books are written for, but their iPad “vector” app falls short of the the fundamental tool other apps have.  It’s surprising and weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sometimes seems like Illustrator is the unloved child. Picture a big announcement at Adobe MAX, "We give you a full featured version of Photoshop for your new iPad Pro!" The gathered crowd goes wild. All of us cheer. We love Photoshop on the iPad!  Then, during the Q&A, a designer asks: "But, what about drawing vectors with Bézier curves on my iPad." The crowd is silent, rapt, leaning forward to catch the answer.  In response, Adobe representatives are stone faced and silent. And the person standing next to you says, "I guess we'll have to use other tools to create vector graphics on our iPads, like Autodesk."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, at Adobe Max, after the PS on iPad demo, there was an Illistrator on iPad demo, announced as "coming in 2020." The running version was available for hands-on experimentation in the MAX community pavilion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is fabulous news! Just watched the appropriate MAX video: https://max.adobe.com/sessions/max-online/#29626

Very good news! Funny that I typed the above message after MAX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The video is on YouTube as well, in case anyone wants to watch on an iPad (the max sire seems to work only for desktops). 

https://youtu.be/86gW-Eav82A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines