• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URGENT: Adobe Draw Crashing on iPad

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya, I'm working on an iPad (6th generation) software 13.5.1 and Adobe Draw has crashed and won't reopen. The drawing I was working on has not synced to Creative Cloud so I'm concerned that I've lost all my work. My deadline is today! I tried opening Fresco too out of interest and that is also crashing.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same iPad gen and can't open the Draw either. I REALLY hope some has a solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi IBDJ.

There was a widespread server problem affecting numerous iOS apps (not just Adobe apps) early morning last Friday but it was resolved by 6:00am PST.  (I believe that's what the person above was posting about.)

But if you are still having problems with crashing there are a couple of things I'd like you to check:

* Please try turning putting your device in Aiplane Mode to see if you can open the app. 

* Please check other apps on your device to see if you have trouble launching any of those.

Let me know what you find. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, 

Thank you very much for getting back to me. 

Draw still crashes in Airplane mode and other apps working fine (incl. Fresco, Creative Cloud). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IBDJ. 

If it just started crashing, it may be due to a particular drawing. 

What was the last thing you were working on?

And do you see that drawing when you sign in with your Adobe ID to  https://assets.adobe.com/mobilecreations?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crashing startet quite a few days ago and I really can't remember what I worked on last. 
Quite a few of my projects include importet photos, could those generally be a problem or it is more likely to be projects with many layers?
Thank you so much for your time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IBDJ.

It's generally going to be a drawing that's having difficulty syncing (usually one that's quite complex) causing the crashing.

Does anything you see on  https://assets.adobe.com/mobilecreations ring a bell as to when the crashing began?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite sure that I wasn't working on anything when the crashing startet (I was gonna start converting to Fresco), but I think this one is the project has the mos layers: https://assets.adobe.com/public/9207d840-7c22-4b80-7145-c20f92cc4366 and includes a photo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not crashing Draw on my device, but try deleting it from the Mobile Creations folder (don't worry, you won't delete it permanently, it will just drop into the Deleted folder where it can stay for 30 days); if it is a problem drawing and the app no longer has to try to sync it then the app will stop crashing. 

The drawing most likely to be causing crashing that seemed to suddenly appear is the most recent one you were working on.

One other thing you might check: Have you recently added any new content to Libraries (https://assets.adobe.com/libraries)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I could actually just start deleting the most recently editted one by one, trying Draw and then undeleting/recreating. 
Actually the https://assets.adobe.com/mobilecreations was emmencely helpfull as I found works that I though hadn't been synced to CreativeCloud. 

It has been 10 month since I have added something to: https://assets.adobe.com/libraries?filter=owned 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to launch Draw yet?

Also, one other thing that might be helpful while you're spending a bunch of time in the Mobile Creations folder... If you check the little box that appears in the upper left corner of the drawing thumbnail when you hover over it you'll see a Convert to Fresco action in the upper nav that will, when tapped, save that drawing to Cloud Documents and make it openable in Fresco. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, 

Thank you very much for all your suggestions. Draw is still crashing (really not starting at all, but 'blinking' a starter icon and then shutting down). But I am in the process of tidying my project, deleting irrellevant one and converting to Fresco. I'll see if Draw starts work at some point. 

Best, 
Ida 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ida. 

Fresco's working for you, right? 

When you get a moment will you message me through Fresco's Report A Bug link so I can see all of your device information. (In Fresco tap the gear icon in the upper nav of the Home screen then App Settings > Help > Support > Report A Bug.) It's super unlikely it's the device you're on but I just can't think of anything else that could be causing all this crashing. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines