Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying Long-Press Fill feature

New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I really love the idea that I can draw vector graphics on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with pressure and speed sensitivity. The only annoying thing is the long-press auto-fill feature. Don't get me wrong. I understand this feature can be useful, however, when you want to draw small shapes, it really hurts the experience. I'd even say it's nearly impossible to draw small shapes like little points or lines. The algorithm for the long-press detection is checking after a first contact with the pen, if I'm leaving a certain radius while in contact with the display, and if I don't, it detects a long-press and fills the surrounding shape. The problem is, with this kind of detection, it makes it impossible to draw small shapes.

I have two suggestions to solve this issue:

1) Let the user define a sensitivity for the auto-fill feature. The sensitivity defines the radius for the long-press detection.

2) Let the user completely disable the auto-fill feature

It would be awesome if you could incorporate this feedback into your product 🙂

Cheers

Gion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Interesting, I never experienced this, but I am probably not using the app for the same kind of illustrations. Maybe a very poor coin and a stupid advice, but even zooming, would give the same issue?

The reason why I think this, is that you experience this when creating small shapes. And very naively I thought, when I am doing small things, I zoom in a lot, so that I can see better what I am doing. Even zooming in, are you creating things of such a value of complexity that the fill-in takes over?

I am sure this is a very good feedback on the app nonetheless, thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gion.

Thanks for posting. I've noticed this too when drawing small shapes; as Flora mentioned, I also zoom in to work around it... which usually works (but not always).

Although the fill functionality won't be changing in Draw, it will be changing in Project Gemini (Introducing Project Gemini | Adobe Blog) so this is really great feedback to pass along to the drawing teams.

Thanks again for posting.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines