Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator iPad - adjusting curves, values reset

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

For example, when I select a corner to curve I might put in 9mm, immediately that value changes to 3.175mm. Does anyone know why this might be happening? 

Thank you

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that the slider will also reset to the same value if I scroll to 9mm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update: The issue seems to resolve when I change the units from mm to points. I would still prefer to use mm if possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Here are the screenshots. In the first you'll see the curve value was converted to 3.175 when I put 9mm initially. I have stumbled upon another problem that you'll see in the second screenshot. Initially I was able to alter the edges of the larger shape as evidenced by the curved corners. Now after about a day that option no longer exists. Is this a known bug?

Thank you for your help,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the value, I suspect you are hitting the limit of what the geometry will support. For a small corner like that, a radius of 9mm may be impossible. 

For the larger shape, it is no longer a live shape, which is why the corner widgets are not showing when it is selected. Perhaps you made an edit that broke the live shape. Without know your edit history, it's hard to tell. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your time. I thought 9mm might be too large as well, but if I put 20mm the curve is larger but the value still reverts to 7.056mm. 

Regarding the larger shape, I don't believe I did anything. I drew it up and then left it after curving the corners which is why I am surprised. Do you know how I might be able to revert it to a live shape?

Thank you!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I was playing around with those shapes just now and noticed that when I changed the dimensions of the larger shape from 110mm to 95mm it would get right of the option to curve corners. This was unfortunately not the case when I tried the same with the smaller shape. Is the iPad version usually this inconsistent? 

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm experiencing this same issue and I think it's a bug. My document is in mm and I'm entering a value of 10 mm for my radius but it changes to 3.528. I think the software is taking the input in points and converting to mm (10 points = 3.528mm). I tried changing to inches and the issue persists. I entered a value of 10 for the radius and it changes to 0.139 inches. Did you ever find a solution to this or is there a setting I'm missing? I'm experienced with Illustrator but new to the iPad version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines