• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI on iPad: Type on path

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was watching Adobe Max on demand about the new AI on iPad, and the guy showed that you can draw a (curve) path with the pencil tool, and then drag a text to that path so the text will live on the (curve) path. It doesn't work! Nothing happens when I drag my text to the path (see attached image). Any ideas why?

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

He may be using a beta version and this feature has been pulled in the very last minute.

What works: select the path and the text and then on the right side click the T icon and select Text on Path. This will put the text on the path.

OK, found it: you have to tap the outer Touch ring while moving the text to the path.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He may be using a beta version and this feature has been pulled in the very last minute.

What works: select the path and the text and then on the right side click the T icon and select Text on Path. This will put the text on the path.

OK, found it: you have to tap the outer Touch ring while moving the text to the path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monica! That first method you mentioned worked for me! Touching the outer ring while moving the text to the path still doesn't tho. 😕 But it's cool. I was actually trying to follow him but there were several things that just wouldn't work on my end. Like how he said you just have to scrub up and down for opacity, but I'd have to actually scrub left and right the slider to do so. Anyway, hope better tutorials will be out soon. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what Monika mentioned, please check out this help article to know how you can create text designs along a path using Illustrator on the iPad.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That feature is very much there. We just made it bit more explicit to avoid accidental Text on Path creations while moving a text object in the document. This is how it works:

- Select one text object

- Press the modifier (outer ring)

- Drag the text object over a path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines