• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add an image layer on iPad Pro

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. Brand new iPad Pro with M1 chip fresh out of the box. In Illustrator for the iPad I can't seem to add an image layer. From the layer tab, i press + and it only adds draw layers. No option for image layer. I've been digging around in settings and permissions on the device but no luck. I've tried uninstalling the app then rebooting the iPad and reinstalling illustrator with no luck. Anybody else had this problem?

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Layers can hold vectors or image graphics, or both. If you want to create a layer to hold an image, use the Place tool (looks like a photo) in the toolbar on the left, then choose to place from Camera, Photos, Files, Creative Cloud or Libraries. The image will be placed on the current layer in Illustrator.

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief, it's so simple. I was on customer support for this. Thanks for taking the time to answer such a rookie question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you have it sorted now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines