• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't type on path in illustrator on Ipad (already tried other posts directions)

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! I cannot for the life of me figure out how on to type on a path in Adobe illustrater on Ipad. Ive tried the secondary outer ring trick, I've tried dragging the text to the path, and I've tried selecting both the path and type and clicking the type on path button but nothing works. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like from my end. Any help is so appreciated!

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Hi @default2tno5ydgph6p 

It works with live text and a path, but does not work with a group.

ADA28A4F-21BF-4F49-B09A-A54A23E9EC25.jpeg
Since your question is about Illustrator for iPad, I have moved this from the Illustrator forum where you posted.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

With the SELECTION TOOL active (solid black arrow), select your point text and the path you want it on, THEN go to the type menu and click the type on a path button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Check out this video. If type on a path is greyed out it normally means you have grouped both the text and path. Ungroup it and it should work.

https://youtu.be/o67jDy7OJ0w 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default2tno5ydgph6p 

It works with live text and a path, but does not work with a group.

ADA28A4F-21BF-4F49-B09A-A54A23E9EC25.jpeg
Since your question is about Illustrator for iPad, I have moved this from the Illustrator forum where you posted.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the SELECTION TOOL active (solid black arrow), select your point text and the path you want it on, THEN go to the type menu and click the type on a path button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type on path remains gray. 😩 I've don't this a million times but today it won't work. I've reloaded app and started it as a new project. Still won't work. There must be something wrong with the program and I don't know what to do. This is an I,porta t project and on a time deadline. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this video. If type on a path is greyed out it normally means you have grouped both the text and path. Ungroup it and it should work.

https://youtu.be/o67jDy7OJ0w 

adobeillustrator2023 #illustratortutorial Welcome to my YouTube tutorial on how to type on a path in Illustrator on iPad! In this video, I'll guide you through the process of creating text designs along a path using the Type on Path tool. If you've ever wondered how to curve text or type around a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still not working. The type on path stays gray even when both are selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Help! IMG_5952.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THe text is outlined. It won't work with outlined text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines