• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour profile and raster effects don’t seem accessible or editable?

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to create a custom project for example 1920 x 1920 pixels in RGB .....However there doesn't seem to be a clear option to then select Which RGB colour profile and also I'd want to be able to select at What resolution to work. The file seems to simply decide for me to start at 79 ppi which I would prefer to really set at 300 ppi for example. Is this possible or not yet available? Thanks so much! It looks promising!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

The iPad doesn't support color management anyway, so it just doesn't make a lot of sense. But please add it as a feature request via the app settings.

And the raster effects resoluion can be set up later on the desktop when you are also actually using raster effects. This setting can be changed any time you like, there's nothing fixed about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the iPad version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are working with vector elements in Illustrator on the iPad. There are no pixel based effects, so resolution is irrelevant.

The pixel dimensions matter for the quality of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I get that, however usually the raster effect settings are determined at the creation of the file or during but I just don't see any option for that. Also what about the colour profile as I'd like to be sure which RGB I'm working in... thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The iPad doesn't support color management anyway, so it just doesn't make a lot of sense. But please add it as a feature request via the app settings.

And the raster effects resoluion can be set up later on the desktop when you are also actually using raster effects. This setting can be changed any time you like, there's nothing fixed about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines