• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate paths.

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to illustrator and iPad. 

When I draw a single path image on my iPad using the apple pencil my image looks as I want it to, however when I import it to illustrator on my PC there are many duplicate overlapping paths most of which are very hard to see/find. I have tried running a script to delete duplicate paths but that doesn't work. Is there anyway to stop this from happening? 

I need my images to be single path, one continuous line for use in my laser cutter. 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you give us a little more detail? What drawing tool are you using? There are 2 ways of looking at art in Illustrator, in Outline view (wireframe) and Preview (with color and strokes, fills, etc.). You can attach a screenshot and if you open up the layers panel and select the art, that can help people here see what might be going on. Would love to help!

P.S. turn on Outline view on the iPad by tapping the menu in the upper right corner, on the PC it's View > Outline/Preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines