• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting from iPad Illustrator as an AI file

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting from iPad Illustrator and then opening the AI file in Illustrator (MacBook Pro), it is not recognized as a vector file and only as a jpg. What the what!?!

The image is pixelated and must be image traced to make it a vector image again. Am I doing something wrong here? 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That definitely doesn't sound right. I'm working from iPad to PC and the Vector line is still fully editable on the desktop version of Illustrator.

As we don't have the Send to Illustrator option I'm going to assume you use the following process to export.
Select Publish and export, choose AI, upload to somewhere in your Creative Cloud. Then open Illustrator on your MacBook, go to cloud documents and open the file.

This is the process I use to get from iPad Ai to Desktop Ai.

If you're doing something different, try the above and see if that gives you an editable Vector in an Ai file on your MacBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure why you would want to go to all the trouble of exporting in another non-AI format just to re-open in AI on the desktop.

If you go to "cloud documents" in the desktop version, you'll see all the AI iPad files you've been working on, and you can open them directly without any conversion or exporting required. Then, you can re-open them on the iPad again later, trading the work back and forth as it is convenient (or as the work to be done may require).

2021-05-03_09-08-04.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines