• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request: stop AI iPad from autosaving over AI Mac files after 'features not supported' error

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Illustrator for the Mac, I created an file of icons, built from simple stroked vector shapes. I saved it to Dropbox. I opened Illustrator for the iPad, navigated to my Dropbox folder, and opened the file. I saw the warning about how not all features of this (very simple) file were supported by Illustrator for the iPad. I closed the resulting document because I could not work on it.

I later opened the same file on Illustrator for the Mac and those vectors were gone. The only thing left was the proxy low-res images for a reference photo. Luckily I had saved a PDF for my client to preview and I had enabled 'keep editable' in the export options.

My question is, is there a way to prevent AI iPad from writing over files, both 1) at all and 2) especially after giving the user an error warning that the file's features weren't fully supported.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 

The best way to tell the product developers is:

Click your avatar in the upper right corner to open App Settings > Help > Support 

3AFDC7D5-3780-47CF-BB95-48A122D9A362.jpeg

Does the same thing happen when you save the file as a Cloud document (.aic) and open it from the Cloud in Illustrator for iPad and Illustrator for Desktop?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines