• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I draw an irregular traingle? (iPad)

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can create regular triangles (isosolese, equalateral), but try as I might (3 hours and counting) I can't simply draw a traingle and pull the corners around, fill etc. It's infuriating! 🙂

I've tried trying to draw one - curvy mess.

Tried drawing three lines and joing thim - can't edit the corners/pull them about to where I wan them.

There must be an easy way to do this, surely..?

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Sounds like you are using the Pencil tool, when you say your triangle is curvy. When you draw a shape with the triangle shape tool you can edit from there using the Direct selection tool (white arrow) to select and move an anchor point on the corners. Or, you could use the Pen tool which allows you to place points that are connected by straight segments when you click.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Thanks, Laura! I discovered that I have to double tab to unbind all the edit points and just pull one around - hidden in plain sight! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are using the Pencil tool, when you say your triangle is curvy. When you draw a shape with the triangle shape tool you can edit from there using the Direct selection tool (white arrow) to select and move an anchor point on the corners. Or, you could use the Pen tool which allows you to place points that are connected by straight segments when you click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Laura! I discovered that I have to double tab to unbind all the edit points and just pull one around - hidden in plain sight! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Yes, double-tapping puts you into "direct selection" which is another way of selecting the white arrow/Direct Selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines