Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to exit artwork WITHOUT saving?

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is possible yet, can I exit a drawing without auto saving?

There has been a few times when I have a complex piece of artwork that gets accidentally messed up by the user (me, lol) and it can be difficult to see exactly what went wrong, but I know somthing bad and it's obviously ruined. Is there a way to back out of the drawing and reopen it fresh or "revert to open state" prior to closing/backing out to the projects Home Screen and having the app auto-save the destruction?? 

Or would you suggest creating duplicates as you might backup files on desktop each time significant progress is made or prior to opening file to negate loss or ruin?

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

I don't know of a way to exit without auto-saving, but you can restore a previous version using version history. If you look at the thumbnail of your file on the home screen, there is a ... menu and from there you can choose View version history. You can revert to a previous version from there that doesn't have the changes you made. You will see a list of time-stamped versions. The version history of a file goes back 30 days, so it's a good idea to go in and flag the versions to keep in your his

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of a way to exit without auto-saving, but you can restore a previous version using version history. If you look at the thumbnail of your file on the home screen, there is a ... menu and from there you can choose View version history. You can revert to a previous version from there that doesn't have the changes you made. You will see a list of time-stamped versions. The version history of a file goes back 30 days, so it's a good idea to go in and flag the versions to keep in your history (tap the bookmark icon), so they don't get removed after 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for this tip Laura!

This is a happy medium between the two i stated, not quite "exit without saving" but much more elegant and tidy than creating duplicates for back up.

Version history with specific "Marked" version will just fine.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines