• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to quickly deselect a path?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to illustrator on the iPad and have what might be a dumb question. I am using the pen tool and creating part of my logo. I want to deselect and start on the next part of the logo but can't figure out how to quickly do so. It keeps trying to connect to the last path point. Please help, thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean other than clicking the Selection tool?  I guess if you have a keyboard connected to your iPad you could use the V keyboard shortcut.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same difficulty. Not using a keyboard. Got so flustered by not being able to deselect quickly and intuitively while drawing that I pretty much gave up and went back to Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if youre using an apple pencil you can actually double tap the pencil to deselct. I figured that out completely by accident

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks. I turned off double tap on my pencil on day one. I have a habit of tapping my finger randomly and kept triggering unwanted actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case, double tapping with the pencil also pastes the clipboard objects. Do you know how to disable the paste option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines