• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use pencil WITHOUT auto-joining line ends?

Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up an A2 document and tried to draw using the pencil, but Illustrator on the iPad auto-joins the line ends to create a shape. I'm not looking to create a shape. Frustratingly, when this occurs as an automated action, undo deletes the entire line drawn. How do I turn off this auto-join feature? Thanks, I've attached 3 screenshots showing an example of how far (literally) Illustrator misinterprets intent. This is an A2 sheet, so that joining is at least a few cm. The second shape moves the line end and makes the line drawn curved. Can't use the app like this. I need to be able to turn the feature off. I'm assuming the button exists and that I just can't find it. Could anyone help? Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Hello @Ruben26913905p19i,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Illustrator on iPad currently does not have this functionality. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931888-illustrator-ipad-feature-requests/suggestions/41681191-pencil-tool-options-like-on-desktop-illustrator) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Looking forward to your response.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have th esame issue... please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Ruben26913905p19i,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Illustrator on iPad currently does not have this functionality. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931888-illustrator-ipad-feature-requests/suggestions/416811...) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines