Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator for iPad keeps crashing and I can’t open it

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have been using illustrator on my iPad for about four days and really love using it.
But yesterday evening I tried to open it, the splash screen appeared for a moment and then disappeared  and the application wouldn't open. And it keeps doing this. I haven't been able to open illustrator since. I restarted my iPad, then uninstalled the application before reinstalling it, but I still can't open it. Anyone know what's wrong with it and how to fix it?

Thanks.
Annette

[Subject changed from "changing" to "crashing" as per subsequent post]

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Hi Annette,

Really sorry to hear about this. Does the app crash as soon as you launch it? If yes, please share some additional details so that we can assist you further. We'd need the crash logs which you could share with me over a direct message.

How to look for the crash logs: 
  • Open iOS Settings > Privacy > Analytics and improvements > Analytics data on user device. You will see file names like “adobe illustrator***.ips. That's the log file, please share it over DM.

Also, let us know the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

it was not! Got solved with the update. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Hi @Rochi Piermattei,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing crash issues with Ai on your iPad. As Monika pointed out, Adobe Illustrator on the iPad currently does not support iPadOS 17 beta. I would recommend rolling back to iPadOS 16.6, as Illustrator will be compatible with the official release of iPadOS 17, which is expected later this year.

To downgrade to iPadOS 16.6, you can follow the steps outlined in the Apple support article provided here: . Additionally, you can rea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that should have said that illustrator for iPad keeps crashing not chasing, Annette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annette,

Really sorry to hear about this. Does the app crash as soon as you launch it? If yes, please share some additional details so that we can assist you further. We'd need the crash logs which you could share with me over a direct message.

How to look for the crash logs: 
  • Open iOS Settings > Privacy > Analytics and improvements > Analytics data on user device. You will see file names like “adobe illustrator***.ips. That's the log file, please share it over DM.

Also, let us know the - 

• iPad make and model
  • iOS version
  • Are you using any trackpad or keyboard? If yes, do share the details.

Thanks,

Om

#marking correct for visibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Om,

Thanks for your message, I had already submitted a crash report and been in contact with support a number of times. This morning I received an email to say the bug had been fixed in an update that had just been released and it works - yeah, I can open Illustrator again and get to work. Awesome. 

Thanks for taking an interest

Best Regards

Annette 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation, Annette. Glad to hear that it's been fixed!

-Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is crashing like stated above, I uninstalled and reinstalled and still can't open, just splash screen for a sec and closes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone please help I have the exact same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone help? I'm also having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SandrinaV  schrieb:

Having the same problem 

Is your iPad iOS updated to the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your iPad updated to the latest version of iOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was not! Got solved with the update. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact problem and don't know what to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, check if the system is updated 

it was that in my case 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue. Updated iPad OS too. Please refer to the screen recording which I have attached herewith.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on the iPad OS beta? You have to downgrade that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Hız can I dm u .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Arif Eren33862651p4s7,

Sorry for the delayed response. I understand you're experiencing issues with Adobe Illustrator on your iPad. To address this problem, please make sure you have the latest updates installed:

• Update Adobe Illustrator: Ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Illustrator installed on your iPad. As of now, version 3.0.6 is the latest release. You can update the app through the App Store.

• Update iPadOS: Ensure that your iPad is running the latest version of iPadOS. As of now, iPadOS 17.2 is the latest release.

Performing these updates should help resolve the reported issues with Illustrator on iPad. If you continue to experience problems after updating, please let me know.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or encounter additional issues, feel free to ask.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem. My IPad is new, I have the iPad 14 pro but the Illustrator doesn't work. The app opens and then closes quickly. 

I don't know how to solve it. Can somebody help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is on the iPad? The iPad OS beta? That won't work with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rochi Piermattei,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing crash issues with Ai on your iPad. As Monika pointed out, Adobe Illustrator on the iPad currently does not support iPadOS 17 beta. I would recommend rolling back to iPadOS 16.6, as Illustrator will be compatible with the official release of iPadOS 17, which is expected later this year.

To downgrade to iPadOS 16.6, you can follow the steps outlined in the Apple support article provided here: . Additionally, you can reach out to Apple Support for further assistance with the downgrade process. They will be able to guide you through the steps and ensure a smooth transition to the earlier iOS version.

However, if you are not running iPadOS 17 beta and still facing crashes on launch, then please share the crash logs by following these steps:
Open iPad Settings > Privacy & Security > Analytics and Improvements > Analytics Data. You will see file names like "adobe illustrator***.ips. That's the log file; please share it over DM.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out. Thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines