• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator for iPad, using direct select tool, long press an anchor point doesn't delete it anymore

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously, when using the direct select tool, and doing a long press with the Apple Pencil on an anchor point, it would delete that anchor point. I used that method religiously and it no longer works. I have restarted my iPad, I tried different Illustrator files, I reinstalled Adobe Illustrator for iPad, and nothing has fixed this issue yet. Using the "delete anchor point" button on the floating menu still works, but the long press method is just simpler. Is this a shortcut/feature that has been removed in an update? Or am I missing something?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Hi @Amalia22848181uxjt @Jonathan5C9C,

Thanks for reaching out. This change was introduced in this year's Max release v3.0, as some users' workflow was affected due to this. However, we understand this functionality has been around for some time and will affect your workflows.

Would you mind creating a new UserVoice and adding upvotes & comments there? Also, please share the UserVoice link here, and I will forward it to the product team.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Note: Marking correct for visi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't check it at the moment, but maybe you can take a look at the preferences for the Apple pencil (in Illustrator)? Maybe the setting is in there, what to do on long press?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also run into this issue recently. Seeing this feature suddenly gone has made deleting anchor points much more of a task since the menu is sometimes floating somewhere off screen. I would then have to zoom out and delete the anchor points manually which is too tedious at times.

Any fixes with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amalia22848181uxjt @Jonathan5C9C,

Thanks for reaching out. This change was introduced in this year's Max release v3.0, as some users' workflow was affected due to this. However, we understand this functionality has been around for some time and will affect your workflows.

Would you mind creating a new UserVoice and adding upvotes & comments there? Also, please share the UserVoice link here, and I will forward it to the product team.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please consider updating tutorials. As of version 3.0.1 the instruction to long press is still given. See attached screenshot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @thingsmadegood,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting this to us. I have logged a ticket with the product team to update the in-app tutorial.

Thanks again!

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines