• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator on iPad Pro - fonts not working

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to open Creative Cloud files with newly installed OTF fonts in Illustrator on the iPad Pro.

The files open but the font will not display properly. It is an OTF font (Madison Street Pro) that I've installed both on the device and on Creative Cloud. 

The font won't display at all, the text boxes just show as blank. If I select another font, that font is displayed on the screen, but when I select the font I installed, nothing happens. It shows up in the dropdown options, but when selected, it will not display on the iPad. 

(The file and font works fine in Illustrator on desktop). 

TOPICS
Import and export , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's an Adobe Font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. A few of my added fonts are working but most don't. Very frustrating as I'm having to use multiple apps when I should be able to do everything in this one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Creative cloud is open, fonts installed but when I go into illustrator any creative cloud font I choose shows up blank whereas fonts that came preloaded on the iPad will display the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying different downloaded fonts too and they are selected in the menu but not working either ughhhhh. (Yes. Adobe fonts.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list of fonts isn't even letting me scroll down either and there are other fonts that should be below (Georgia + the rest of the alphabet) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got off a difficult chat session with support: uninstalled creative cloud and illustrator, reinstalled them, the fonts are working now but for some reason creative cloud is saying that none of my fonts are synced to my device ... only my computer, with no option to sync. I'm glad the fonts are working but that still doesn't make sense. 🥸🥸🥸🥸

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I'm not the only one facing this issue. I've really been trying hard to make make my iPad a bigger part of my workflow, and these issues and limited features are just making it impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, has anyone had any other follow up on this? I tried the delete of both CC and Illustrator apps and reinstalled them but all Adobe Fonts installed on the iPad through CC wont work! Not good enough really

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS - the fonts work fine on iPad Photoshop app which makes it even more frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try and post this to http://illustrator.uservoice.com to get it to the engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you uninstall, but reinstall via the Creative Cloud app, they should work. However it still wonky for me aka it says I have no fonts to sync BUT they are all available and I see them ... just glad they work at this point! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stuck in the same boat. Deleted CC and Illustrator, reinstalled and my installed font is not visible. That same font appears in Photoshop for iPad. I love this new version of Illustrator, but it's not ready for prime time.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I'm having this issue too. I'm sure it was working last week which is the weirdest part of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this issue. Could you please confirm what type of fonts are these? It might be possible that you have these fonts installed on your Desktop machines and Illustrator on iPad is unable to find them. To Avoid this situation, I would suggest using Adobe fonts so that you can get them on both the platforms. Check out this video for more details (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhyLmgUDP3U).

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine are all adobe fonts. I go and look for new fonts download and they don't work proper in iPad illustrator. I get the first free characters in a line of text but not the entielre font. The rest shows blank. It is defiantly a adobe font and iPad Illustrator issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are Adobe fonts downloaded from the creative cloud iOS  app 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, adobe fonts. Thanks for the follow-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get stuck on a loading screen indefinitely each time I try to open these ttf files- any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to do? Install these fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, exactly the same happening to me. Getting really fed up with this now!😓

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is constantly happening for me, too. Every time I try to export something I made with Illustrator iPadsd an .svg, it messes up the fonts 99% of the time. Very frustrating and pointless to spend so much time perusing countless fonts when they can't be used. I've triple checked to make sure they've been added to my fonts in Crewruve Suite, but to no avail. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soyouexport your design toSVGand then youopen the SVG using whichdevice and whichapp and what exactly happens?

Please show screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I admit, I'm a beginner to AI but I use the fonts that come preloaded and when I export to SVG or PNG and then I go to open the file on my iPad the fonts are completely different. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines