• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator on iPad Pro - fonts not working

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to open Creative Cloud files with newly installed OTF fonts in Illustrator on the iPad Pro.

The files open but the font will not display properly. It is an OTF font (Madison Street Pro) that I've installed both on the device and on Creative Cloud. 

The font won't display at all, the text boxes just show as blank. If I select another font, that font is displayed on the screen, but when I select the font I installed, nothing happens. It shows up in the dropdown options, but when selected, it will not display on the iPad. 

(The file and font works fine in Illustrator on desktop). 

TOPICS
Import and export , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I admit, I'm a beginner to AI but I use the fonts that come preloaded and when I export to SVG or PNG and then I go to open the file on my iPad the fonts are completely different. 

By @Shannon5D98

Doesn't sound like the same issue if it involves a PNG.

Please create a new thread and show screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with an OTF font. It is not an Adobe font and the strange thing is I have two lines of the type using it. The top one displays correctly. The bottom one changes it but won't pick up the secondary style, (regular) and so won't save. It just shows a blue box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is that a file you created from scratch ion the iPad? Or did you create the file somewhere else and just opened it on the iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines