Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad AI. not exporting correctly.

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Y'all,

I'm an architecture student trying to move my workflow over onto the iPad (its hard). When I try to export my work to a  psd file to open it in procreate (since the default png export is 72ppi), it doesn't export, save, upload to gDrive, or anything as a PSD or SVG. This is particularly interesting since it does work for a heavier file I've worked on my iPad, in comparison the file in the video is nothing. Has this happened to anyone else? I know the app is relatively brand new but why does this work sometimes, and others not? Alternatively I would love a way to export 300 ppi .png as well if someone has gotten that to work.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Hi there,

For more export options, I'd recommend you to open the file on the desktop version and use the extensive export settings there. We are working on this workflow and more export options are planned for future.

I'd also request that if you can take out a moment and submit it as a feature request here. This would help us in prioritizing.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

For more export options, I'd recommend you to open the file on the desktop version and use the extensive export settings there. We are working on this workflow and more export options are planned for future.

I'd also request that if you can take out a moment and submit it as a feature request here. This would help us in prioritizing.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what if I don't have the desktop version and unable to get right now due to computer issues. I think at the least this should be made know upfront. I spent time creating work and and now can't even use the file for print. When creating the document, I selected doc size for print with assumption I would be able to export print ready. Is there another work around option? So, far this is very disappointing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I've created a logo for someone and now that I'm trying to save it I can't save it in any useable way because I don't and can't have the desktop version of illustrator. Even when I've created the image on a huge artboard it still looks like crap when I've exported it. I've shelled out more money than I would like to just to find I've wasted time on this app because Adobe cares more about forcing us to pay for the desktop subscription than giving us programs that actually WORK.

I'll be switching to Affinity from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem also. I was able to work without my computer and export an SVG file. Then, this feature broke inexplicably. I'm away from my computer now, and I'm in real trouble without the desktop application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Design that I've spend about a month working on in illustrator iPad will not export to the customer. This app so far has proven to be extremely frustrating. I don't have a cintique or a digital drawing tablet. This is the reason I bought the iPad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2023, and I am having this problem now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! PNG exporting as just a plain, white image. Artboard I worked doesn't appear, just a blank white space 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seeing no issues with the PNG export.

Which color mode are you working in?

Rxactly how do you export the PNG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines