• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ipad illustrator how to move files to a new folder with update

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! with the latest update (as of this week) i can no longer move files out of a folder and into another one. i know it was select until it slightly enlarges -> hold/hover over the folder icon -> itll remove it. any suggestions on how to do this with the update or if i missed something? thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Hi Jacqueline,

The interface has changed - now you need to use both hands. Begin dragging with one finger, then while the thumbnail is "floating," use your other hand to tap the file navigation bar to move up the folder tree.

If you can't figure this out, let me know and I'll make a video of it.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I would suggest you check out the answer given by Michael J. Hoffman in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-on-the-ipad-discussions/move-illustrator-on-the-ipad-imag.... I hope it helps!

If you still need further assistance, feel free to reach out. We'd be happy to help!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key thing, as shown in my post that @Anshul_Saini mentions (thanks, Anshul!) is that you cannot move files in the "Home" view, you have to be in the "Your Work" view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike - I am having the same issue on my iPad. I only see the 'Your files' tab on the left navigation, and I am still not able to drag my file into a parent folder as you show in your recording link above. Is this a bug, or is there something else that I am missing? 

Thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacqueline,

The interface has changed - now you need to use both hands. Begin dragging with one finger, then while the thumbnail is "floating," use your other hand to tap the file navigation bar to move up the folder tree.

If you can't figure this out, let me know and I'll make a video of it.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Thanks so much for the speedy response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works for me as well but I wonder if you have no use of your other had because you are holding the iPad with it how would this work? The drag way is so much better. Not all users have a stand or keyboard while using the iPad. We could implement using the "..." menus for each file and have a move option listed there. 2 hands is not good user exsperiance. I also am requesting a selection optons to move multiple files at the same time. I am glad that I found this and that there is a solution. Thanks for listening and I am hopefull for a better solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines