• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IPad Illustrator won’t save

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using Illustrator IPad version and while I'm working it won't save my work progress. I keep making changes to my illustration but changes are not being saved. 

Is this a major bug and can this be solved?

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Is this happening with a specific file and other files are saving fine? 

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am having the same issue. It seems to be just one file for me. I duplicated the file and it still won't save any new work. I've come to terms with starting over but I'm afraid that this might happen in the future again. Everything is synced and working with all of my other files.

Thanks for any insight to the issue. 

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having issues with saving. For me, this error has occurred when creating an Illustrator document on the Mac containing a jpeg image on a layer for tracing and then opening the cloud document on the iPad. Subsequent work on the iPad will not reliably save. To be clear, this is not an issue of slight latency in the display of updates or a minor sync error. An hour of work on the iPad can easily be lost. -- Unrecoverable on the iPad or desktop.

My guess is that Adobe's testing might have focused on workflows where new documents are begun on the iPad rather than on the desktop. It is hard to imagine how major issues with saving documents make their way past internal beta testing.

While I appreciate the simplicity of the iPad app's design with regard to documents (everything is intended to save automatically to the cloud), might I suggest Adobe add a manual save/save as from within the document view? The ability to manually save to the device or export a standard ".ai" file would not be without utility even if the auto save/cloud features worked reliably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Just started using the app today. imported a PDF and started to create layers and new paths. Backed out of the document but only a few of my newly created items were there. Went back in and and worked some more, then did not want to loose what I did, so I clicked on the "help" button in the top right corner to see if there was a save frequency or something I was doing wrong. I tapped "take the tour" and it exited out from the file and went to the hands-on turorials screen. When I tapped "your work" then opend the file back up, (the file preview did not have my recent edits) but when it opened, for a split second, my edits were there but then they quickly disappeared. How are we supposed to save our work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! Exacly the same issue as Alan16B8 here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have this problem! Still! 

Can't save anything in any format 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have this issue. It's now February 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, nothing i can do. It seems to be fail in sync to CC and export file in any format.1DDDF0FA-C0C0-4FC6-AA79-7DC0018626B4.png540E2703-AF7D-4802-9FA5-E7A95AF8C25F.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for me if I start the file on my desktop and then continue on the iPad. If I start on the IPad, files save no problem. Unfortunately the first time this happened I lost a lot of work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...sometimes it creates a copy, attaching a number to the name. I lost hours of work and thinking of returning the iPad 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answer after two years, the problem still exists. Thats under all critic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problem too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe team.. why has this question not been answered yet when so many people keep having the same issue? I don't want to pay for something that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. Getting really frustrating. The file was originally created on the MacOS version of Illustrator, saved online and I can open/edit it on the iPad, but none of the changes save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue!  I did a ton of work, but it saved a previous version when I opened it today.  I can't seem to recover all the work I did! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience this intermittently.  This has been going on since the app was released.  Multiple users both in this forum and the app store have experienced this.  Is the cloud sync just not working properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I've figured out is to back out every few mins or so to let the doc auto save. It's annoying, but not as annoying as losing hours of work TWICE now 😓

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is very frustrating, I just lost my work twice! 

please solve this issue, otherwise this app makes no sense at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue. No progress can be saved on the document. Lost hours of work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing, I guess it's a cloud issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue too. It makes illustrator on the ipad unusable. I started a file on illustrator on the ipad and the saving wheel of death has been gonig for over 10 minutes now with no escape. Adobe: is there a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I need to continue my work on my Mac Book, but the iPad version is unsaved. There should be a way to save it manually, right? If not, you NEED to impliment it right away. This is one of a million examples why the user should ALWAYS be able to intervene into the process. Automation is fine and needed but in the end the User needs to control the machine. Not the other way around. 

I can't continue my work now and somehow have to explain it to my client. Please fix it. ASAP.

Thx, Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines