Is it possible to create a new Width Profile for a stroke on the iPad?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that the variable width tool is not available.  I'm talkign specifically about the width profile menu that allows you to taper the ends of your strokes.  I'd like to be able to create custom profiles.  Is this possible on the iPad? 

TOPICS
How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time, no. Hopefully in the future. I opened a desktop file with profiles applied to strokes and they are live when you open on the iPad, but I couldn't apply/copy the appearance of them to new strokes on the iPad - so I don't see a workaround. I look forward to when this is possible!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultyk1l93aw7irw 

You can make a feature request for the variable width tool here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931888-illustrator-ipad-feature-requests

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultyk1l93aw7irw 

I just clicked "New and Upcoming Features" > "What's Coming" and see that "Variable Width" is listed in the "What's Coming" Section. Watch for the next update!

Jane

09E88AA9-FDF1-4248-BA75-A29978029F16.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines