• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to reshape part of a path with the pencil tool?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to reshape part of a path by drawing with the pencil tool? If yes, how? 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you draw the path with the pencil tool, select the pen tool, press the touch shortcut and at the same time select the portion of the path that you want to adjust and use your pencil to modify the path.  It may adjust multiple paths depending on if they are round or square anchor points.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doesn't reshape the path when I do that, it adds another one on top. On the desktop version I can redraw part of a path by drawing on top of it when the whole path is selected, surely it must be possible to do that on the iPad? It is really slow to have to switch to the pen tool and adjust one anchor point at a time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am hopeful that the issue was resolved by the suggestion shared above. If not, please check out this video tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CwhtCPkn7E) and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am hopeful that the issue was resolved by the suggestion shared above. If not, please check out this video tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CwhtCPkn7E) and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No it was not. It doesnt seem that illustrator on the iPad has this functionality which is really strange since the desktop version has it and it would be a 100 times more usefull on the ipad when drawing with an Apple pen. To be clear, I do NOT want to add to a path, I want to RESHAPE an already existing path. On the desktop I can do this easily bu just drawing on top of the path I want to reshape with the pencil tool but this is not possible on the iPad. On the iPad I have to change the path one anchor point at a time with the pen tool if I want to edit it which is VERY time consuming. This makes it way to cumbersome to work on the iPad if you want to create something without tracing a sketch. For me, this is the reason I dont use Illustrator on the Ipad, I expect I would have used it a lot if not for just this one thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines