• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an easy way to export 100 layers as PNG on Illustrator Ipad?

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm currently working on an artwork with about 100 layers on Illustrator on the Ipad which I need to export as individual png files with transparent layers.

Do you have any tips on the best way to do this?
At the moment I am creating individual artboards one by one, re-sizing them to fit the image and then doing an export by Export As > PNG > Background: transparent but this process is painfully slow.

There has to be an easier way to do this. Maybe I need to export the AI file to Photoshop and Export all layers as PNG or something similar?

Please help me and my sanity! lol
Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

2 ideas:

You could export by selection from the iPad - still tedious, one at a time, but you won't have to create the artboards. To do this, select only what you want to export, go to the export menu and choose selection (plus PNG, transparent, etc.).

You could open the file in the desktop version of Illustrator and use the asset export button at the bottom of the layers panel. Select all the layers, click the button and each selected layer will be added to the Asset Export panel. Then you can

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Hi Kirsten,

You can export layers to files in the desktop Photoshop:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/export-artboards-layers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 ideas:

You could export by selection from the iPad - still tedious, one at a time, but you won't have to create the artboards. To do this, select only what you want to export, go to the export menu and choose selection (plus PNG, transparent, etc.).

You could open the file in the desktop version of Illustrator and use the asset export button at the bottom of the layers panel. Select all the layers, click the button and each selected layer will be added to the Asset Export panel. Then you can choose the settings and export all at once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it.
I didn't actually know that I could export by selection so that is helpful to know. Sadly it is still only one at a time but its definitely more convenient not having to create multiple artboards.

I'm not sure if you use Photoshop but do you know if it would be possible to export all on Photoshop on Desktop? I dont have Illustrator on the Desktop only iPad.

Thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kirsten,

You can export layers to files in the desktop Photoshop:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/export-artboards-layers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines