I'm not sure if it's an issue with the Apple Pencil or the radial gradient tool, I know when you tap between two points it will add an additional color. However when I try to select an existing point, only about 10% of the time will it actually select the existing color node. The other 90% of the time it will just add another color as if i tapped between two color nodes, and not on the existing one! Am I missing some gesture to allow me to just select the existing node or is the tool not functioning correctly? Also I can't get the existing Gradient to clear to start over without creating a brand new document. Please help! Thank you!
If you zoom in to your gradient the selection seems to be quite accurate. Have you tried this and still have a high miss rate? You definitely shouldn't need to start a new document to remove a gradient. Try switching it to a solid colour then reselect gradient.