• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Joining paths

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to join paths but I am having trouble.  Can someone help? When I try to select the points, I don't have the option to "join paths" how can I manually join them? 

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Direct Select tool drag-select the two endpoints you want to join. Then click the join icon in the contextual menu below your artwork or select join from the right menu bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select 2 endpoints. It only allows me to select one end point. What am I doing wrong? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you dragging a marquee selection around the two points? Don't click directly on either of them.

P.S. I updated the title of the thread to correct a typo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I am doing. I made a square for example and wen I try to connect it I select the whole square and try to join paths but I get this. Hope this picture helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are using the Selection tool, not the Direct Selection tool. The Selection tool selects the entire object, while the Direct Selection tool will select just the anchor points.

The Direct Selection tool is just below the Selection tool in the toolbar:

2021-06-02_09-59-51.GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michael for the demonstration, I followed the steps you gave me but even with direct selection tool the option to join paths does not come up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

42BE73F7-410C-4BE8-B1B9-8E667E3FAB71.png

 When I select the points the joining tool does not show up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines