Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keeps randomly crashing - IPad Air 4

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started using illustrator. 

1 file, 3 layers only (I just started), crashes when drawing with Apple Pencil 2

App up to date, uninstalled then reinstalled. iPad up to date. 

Any suggestions???? Not a great start to using this program.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. It's so frustrating. Looking to get a refund for the $10 app. Looking for other vector based programs to join unless that fix this quickly. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is really frustrating, usually uninstall/reinstall and updating will fix things. I'm guessing you rebooted/restarted the iPad itself, but if not, please give that a try.

One question that may help with troubleshooting for anyone else seeing this post - the crash happens when drawing with the apple pencil, so does it work when you are drawing with your finger instead?

To do this you have to go into the iPad Settings > Apple Pencil and turn off the option to draw only with the pencil. You may have to also turn off bluetooth temporarily and go into the Illustrator Settings > App Settings > Input switch the Pencil/Palm Rejection option off. Once you've taken the pencil out of the equation, does Illustrator still crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've had the same crashing problem and turned off my pencil to see if my hand would work instead, and trying a few different actions like paint brush and dragging objects, it seems to work fine with my hand (except for the eye dropper which i had trouble with before). 

Although the reason i wanted to use the illustrator on the iPad was because it would be easier to draw with precision. Any help getting it to work with the pencil..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like from all the testing you've done, the crash you are experiencing is related to the pencil, but there is still a problem you are experienceing with the eyedropper unrelated to the pencil.

Have you gone through all the steps of uninstalling, reinstalling the Illustrator app on the iPad, plus the Creative Cloud app on the iPad, and restarting the iPad? This is what has always fixed crashing issues for me - a fresh install and restart of everything.

Once you've gone through all of that, if it's still crashing, I would contact tech support at Adobe. It could be the version of the iPad and the size of the file you are working on. I have not experinced crashing that I could not fix via uninstall/reinstall. I hope you get it fixed, I know how frustrating that can be!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines