• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag on Paint Brush Tool Ai on iPad Pro

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The paint brush tool has a lag on my iPad Pro 12.9". If I draw down the length of the page in about 4 seconds the line drags by about 0.4". The Pencil tool has no lag. I see no problem on Fresco, Procreate or Apple Notes. Is this being reported by any other users. The iPad is a 2015 model with Apple Pencil 1. 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

I have a 4th gen iPad, but also a 2017 2nd gen 12.9" The older iPad is slower and there is a little bit of lag in general, no matter which tool. Have you tried force quitting Illustrator and restarting the iPad, and doe this help? Is it worse depending on the document? If a document has multiple artboards and lots of complex objects I've seen performance slow down, compared to a smaller file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 4th gen iPad, but also a 2017 2nd gen 12.9" The older iPad is slower and there is a little bit of lag in general, no matter which tool. Have you tried force quitting Illustrator and restarting the iPad, and doe this help? Is it worse depending on the document? If a document has multiple artboards and lots of complex objects I've seen performance slow down, compared to a smaller file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Laura, I did restart but made no difference. I think it is probably an old hardware issue. My 2017 iPad Pro 10.5" 1st Gen is appreciably better and has the same processor as your 2017 2nd gen 12.9".

If the 4th gen works fine I think I will have to upgrade. I am relieved that it is not the Adobe software issue.

Do you have any experience with the 5th gen M1? I suppose it may bring it's own problems if the Adobe software is not properly optimised.

By the way I love your tutorials on YouTube, thanks for taking the time to reply to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! 🙂 I have not experienced the M1 iPad myself, and the 4th gen gives me no performance issues with Illustrator or Fresco, so I'll be staying with it for a while longer - but I'm looking forward to getting an M1 at some point, I'm hearing good things, and Adobe is optimizing for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines