Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modifying brush strokes

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

On Illustrator on desktop, when I draw and do inking, I use this function all the time:

1) Draw strokes with the brush

2) Select some strokes that I want to modify

3) Draw on top of the the part of the stroke I want to modify

I can even select 2 seperate strokes and quickly connect them into one stroke this way

I attached a screencapture to be clear of what I mean.

I'm looking for an app on the iPad that has this function. Doesn't seem like Illustrator on iPad can even make brush strokes at all (only brush 'blobs')... had a quick look at Adobe Draw and Adobe Fresco but doesn't seem like they have that function...

Any idea of what is this modify-selected-stroke-by-drawing-on-top-of-it function called? So I can search for it...

Hope you can help! 🙂

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

You're right. The Illustrator for iPad has a BlobBrush.

Illustrator for desktop: the brush is really just a spline creation tool. (like a super pencil tool) And if you keep the spline selected, you can modify it.

iPad version has the pencil (draws spline without expanded shape), but doesn't have the desktop "Edit Selected Paths" that I think you're looking for.

Fresco also uses the "Blob Brush" approach I think.

There is always Adobe UserVoice: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/ (same as butto

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right. The Illustrator for iPad has a BlobBrush.

Illustrator for desktop: the brush is really just a spline creation tool. (like a super pencil tool) And if you keep the spline selected, you can modify it.

iPad version has the pencil (draws spline without expanded shape), but doesn't have the desktop "Edit Selected Paths" that I think you're looking for.

Fresco also uses the "Blob Brush" approach I think.

There is always Adobe UserVoice: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/ (same as button in app) for suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines