• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move illustrator on the ipad image from folder to folder

Participant ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Illustrator on the iPad, how do I move a finished image from a subfolder in a "work" folder to another subfolder in a Finished folder?

Stein 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Hi SyrinxGC,

You can do this within Illustrator on iPad by tapping "Your Work" in the upper left of the view of the home screen.

Navigate to the file you want to move, then tap-and-hold that file until you see the thumbnail "grow" slightly. Then, begin dragging to move it. If you drag up to the folders list, you can navigate up the folder tree, and then continue dragging to the new folder where you want to place the file. When you've reached the desintation, release and your file is moved. I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? 
Exept for creation of new artboards, I have found absolutely no information on file handling in "Illustrator for iPad'" online. Googling only brings results for the computer version. This actually applies to almost every app related problem I have searched for answers for.

The only workaround I have been able to come up with so far is to export the file in AI format to my iPad and then re-import the exported file. It gives me a copy of the image in the root directory which I can move to the desired folder, and then delete the original file I wanted to move.
It is a workaround, but the Adobe people surely must have thought of an better solution - or???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SyrinxGC,

You can do this within Illustrator on iPad by tapping "Your Work" in the upper left of the view of the home screen.

Navigate to the file you want to move, then tap-and-hold that file until you see the thumbnail "grow" slightly. Then, begin dragging to move it. If you drag up to the folders list, you can navigate up the folder tree, and then continue dragging to the new folder where you want to place the file. When you've reached the desintation, release and your file is moved. I've included a short screen capture below to show this in process. In my example, I move a file from the "Work In Process" folder to a different folder called "Other Projects."

Additionally, on any computer, you can go to https://assets.adobe.com and you can use the web interface to manage your Cloud Documents.

2021-03-27_17-34-53.GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I knew there had to be a better way. 😊

I had sorted out the moving of files, but what I never understood on my own was dragging the file to the folders list!

may I ask how you recorded that animation?

Stein

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not working for me on my current Illustrator iPad 2022-02-25. I have no way to move files up a folder level. Also how do I move mutliple files at the same time to save time. Mostly how do I move files up a folder level. Could we have a move option in the "..." menu for each file this could help untill a better solution is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srinx,

I'm glad that you found this helpful. 

I recorded the animation using SnagIt from Techsmith, on my Windows 10 machine. I generally use it for snapshots, but it records video as well, and can export as an animated GIF as I've done here. I was able to display my iPad on my Windows desktop using the program Reflector from airsquirrels.com. 

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines