• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help managing Type shape after Envelope Distort

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm creating a logo. I have used "Envelope Distort" to "Make With Top Object" text into an ellipse shape. All went well and I made a letter M look like an Owl. Yay for me. 

However, upon revisions I needed to turn my shapes into line art. and now my graphic looks like a bunch of over lapping lines and circles. OK I can use the shape builder tool to omit lines and convert shapes to each other to hide them great... But the original type that I converted into a shape and distorted is now unmanagable. The shape that my text has become isn't something I am able to alter or edit. I would like to cut away a portion of the shape but it is un editable(if thats a word). I can explain better perhaps but thats my issue. See file below.

I would like to cut away the top of the "M" that intersect with the eyes of my owl but as you can see that area isn't something I can change at this point or is it?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?