Objects disappearing and/or becoming unselectable

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Objects either disappear altogether or cannot be selected (greyed out). Today's instance would be the umpteenth repeat of this situation.

In the screenshots attached you will notice (unidentifiable) objects that mysteriously disappeared, highlighted in yellow. I reviewed the version history but there is no option to recover a particular version and perhaps backtrack in order to recover the "lost" objects. What is going on?

Any thoughts? ... or is there a reported bug that I don't know about?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022
Sorry that's happening! Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Is everything up to date and has the iPad been restarted? I'm not totally clear on what is happening in the screenshots - I think you are saying that when you click on the thumbnail for those compound paths you highlighted in yellow, you can't select them, thumbnail outline doesn't turn blue, and nothing is highlighted on the artboard. That is really odd, and hopefully a fresh start will fix it. The issue with versio...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that's happening! Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Is everything up to date and has the iPad been restarted? I'm not totally clear on what is happening in the screenshots - I think you are saying that when you click on the thumbnail for those compound paths you highlighted in yellow, you can't select them, thumbnail outline doesn't turn blue, and nothing is highlighted on the artboard. That is really odd, and hopefully a fresh start will fix it.

The issue with versions not being revert-able when you tap on the ... inside version history makes me wonder about the connection to the cloud, or whether the file is somehow damaged. You should have the last 30 days of history available to work with. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled the creative cloud app on my iPad to successfully resolve odd behavior like this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Apologies for the (very) late reply. You understood correctly. I did as you suggested—uninstalled/reinstalled the app, and from there on the issue has not reappeared. So YAAAY, and thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy dance!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines