Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Offset path in Ai on ipad

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use desktop Illustrator but for love nor money can find how to offset path in the new new Ai app.  I specifically want to offset path on text. I can see how to outline text but that's it...please help...I love the way this app feels but can't use it unless it has this feature as I need to thicken all lines so I can send finished work to plotter for engraving.

Thanks in advance,

Inez

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing a workaround!

I am afraid, Offset path is not available on the iPad yet. We're working on it!

Would you mind submitting it as a feature request here? This would help us prioritize.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing an offset path command, but you could thicken the stroke then convert the stroke to outlines.  Then just delete the extra inner path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind submitting it as a feature request here? This would help us prioritize.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Om,

I see that there have been ALOT of people suggesting this feature be added via the process you cited below, yet this feature still hasn't been implemented. I bought an iPad so that I could continue my work more freely when I do not have space to take my laptop with me, yet I cannot do what I need to on the app. Is this feature going to be added anytime soon?? It has been almost 2 years... 

Thanks,

Becca

Hi there,

Thanks,

Om

By @Om Nath Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2 years????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines