• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pinch zoom, pan on illustrator for ipad doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to pinch and zoom in and out as well as pan on illustrator on ipad? 

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Will

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Reinstalling worked.

Thank you for the help!
Will

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Hi, no need to reinstall illustrator. The only thing you need is to restart your iPad. It will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Will338609456ci3,

I'm sorry to hear you're facing issues with pinch zoom and pan in Illustrator on your iPad. To better assist you, could you provide more details?

• Which iPad model and generation are you using?
  • What version of Illustrator and iPadOS is installed on your iPad?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the Illustrator app to see if it resolves the issue?
  • Does pinch zoom work in other applications on your iPad, like Photos or Safari app?

These details will help in understanding the specific circumstances of the problem and guide toward a possible solution.

Thank you,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The pinch zoom works I just cannot pan using the 2 finger gesture.

I'm using ipad pro 11 in. 4th gen. Using ipad os version 17.1.2

using ullustrator version 3.0.6

No haven't reinstalled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing additional details about the issue you're experiencing with pinch zoom and pan gestures in Illustrator on your iPad Pro 11-inch (4th gen), @Will338609456ci3.

I'm glad to hear that Pinch Zoom is working for you. To address the pan issue, I recommend taking the following steps:

• Please try reinstalling the Illustrator app on your iPad. This may help resolve any potential software glitches.

• Show Taps Setting:

• In the Illustrator app, go to Settings > Input > Touch.
    • Toggle on "Show taps as a blue dot." This will help us confirm if the touch input is being registered correctly.
  • Create a new small-resolution document after the fresh install to test whether the pan gestures work.

After performing these steps, please check if the panning functionality is restored. If the issue persists, we may need to explore further troubleshooting steps.

Your feedback is essential, and I appreciate your patience in resolving this matter. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling worked.

Thank you for the help!
Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, no need to reinstall illustrator. The only thing you need is to restart your iPad. It will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines