• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving art brushes

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I love being able to create art brushes from my art work in iPad illustrator. However, can't figure out where they are saved! They do no appear in the art brushes section. I can use my art brush as soon as it is created, and it is automatically selected in the brushes panel. However, if I close the brushes panel, do something else and then come back to brushes, my new brush is not there!

can I not save new art brushes? Do I need to do something special to save the art brush I created on iPad illustrator?

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I assume you are trying to add Art or Calligraphic brush. If yes, you can add them to Favourites. You may perform the steps mentioned in their help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/draw-edit-on-ipad.html#:~:text=the%C2%A0Properties%20secti...) to add the brushes to favorites. I hope it helps!

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul, well, the help article did not help ME. I created a new brush ("Malpinsel" in German, it’s the brush icon without the blob) and saved it. I also clicked that little star to make it a favourite. So far so good. But as soon as I close the docment and open it again, the brush isn’t in my favourites anymore, but I find it at least in the "document brushes". BUT: If I open any other file, I can’t find it! Not in my favourites, neither in any other place.

Does this means, I have to create a new identical brush every time I start a new document? This would be a no-go, because I’m working as an illustrator and have to draw 10 Pictures a day with this brush ... Can you help me? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nedde Lanzarote,

Thanks for checking out the help article and reaching out to us. 

The brushes which are shared across different files are "Art" & "Calligraphic" under "Paint brush," and when you click the "star" icon, the selected brush is saved under the Favorites section.

Screenshot at Mar 09 20-27-50.png

As of now, document brushes cannot be used across different files.

However, you can copy the artwork & paste it into the new document and create a new "document brush" of that. Thus, no need to recreate the brush every time.

I hope it helps & clarifies.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

thank you for your help. It clarifies, but is not really what I hoped for. 😕 I really thought I could work with Illustrator on the iPad like on the desktop, but I can’t use it at all – the work with the brushes is impossible, so I have to find another solution. Have a nice day, Nedde

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nedde,

We try our best to implement features as much as possible with every release. I understand this specific feature is causing a major roadblock in your workflow. I would request you to share your feedback on this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931888-illustrator-ipad-feature-requests/suggestions/416825...). Also, please upvote this feature request (https://bit.ly/3vPyDPD) to get new updates on this.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines