• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tools won’t work illustrator IPad

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my tools on illustrator work. I can open the tools, change the colors, etc. but when I go to actually edit my document nothing happens. 

I have tried: uninstalling and re-installing illustrator multiple times; turning my iPad off and leaving it off for 10 minutes; uninstalling, turning off and on, reinstalling. I have contacted Adobe support. When I contact by phone I am told "let me look into it" and I get silenced for 15 minutes + with no answer to "are you still there?". 

when I contacted by messaging support they told me to post here, and then the chat got disconnected. I have not been able to edit or use any tools since 5/26/21. I can open new docs., old docs., but cannot edit. 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version iPad do you have, and what version of Apple Pencil are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael! I have an 8th gen IPad and I'm using Illustrator for IPad version 1.3. I don't use an Apple Pencil! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't use an Apple Pencil then maybe check if Palm detection is turned on and if so, turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Palm rejection is turned off, still the same issue. It is an issue within the app. 

I can open tools and even change the color of my brush, etc. with my finger but I cannot draw, select, make shapes or use any tools once I have a tool selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must use an Apple Pencil to use Illustrator for iPad. You cannot use your fingers to draw with the tools. Apple Pencil first or second generation are supported:

System Requirements | Illustrator on the iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines