• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to draw path with low opacity

Participant ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the pen or pencil tool, I am unable to set the opacity of the stroke/fill.  I can only draw a path with 100% opacity.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. You can change the opacity from Properties panel. UploadImage copy.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6567C874-105A-4EFE-B0A4-E4E85E02F9C5.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Vectornator for iPad you can set the opacity for fill or stroke when you choose the color that you want to draw in.  In adobe Illustrator for iPad you can not set the opacity for fill or stroke when you choose the color that you want to draw in.  Why doesn't Adobe Illustrator for iPad support setting the opacity on fill/stroke color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no need to post that twice in this thread. And also it won't help you get that change made in the app.

Instead if you want something changed, report that via the Feedback option directly inside the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to set the opacity of the shape I'm going to draw BEFORE I draw the shape so that I can draw a shape with less than 100% opacity.  I don't want to draw the shape first and THEN lower the opacity

This forum is pretty much useless and it takes too long to get any feedback from Adobe.  Please read the question again before you mark this as a correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Vectornator you can set the opacity of the stroke fill before you draw the shape.  Unfortunately you cannot do the same in Adobe Illustrator for the iPad.  You can do this on Illustrator on the desktop version.  It is 2023 and this still hasn't been addressed.  The answer marked as correct does not answer the OPs question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines