• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best way to edit Fresco file in Illustrator on the iPad?

Participant ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export vectors from Fresco to Ai on iPad? Vector brush used in fresco .  I want to keep drawing as vectors not rasterized file with pixels. Does work in fresco using vector brushes stay as vectors when file saved or exported and what kind of file ?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Fresco you can send to AI. That would be the route to go. You ahev to be careful which brushes you use in Fresco and of course, a lot of them (all?) work like Illustrators blob brush and don't produce paths that can be easily edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the vector brushes and wanted to work in Ai, ( illustrator) for the
iPad. I need to keep the vector from fresco to Ai on iPad. I tried psd and
png but it came into Ai on iPad pixelated! Not what I wanted. I think
exporting as PFD keeps vector intact. I hope?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are signed into the Creative Cloud, you should be able to share your file with Illustrator. You don't need to save it as a pdf or .png (which obviously pixelates it). You will receive a notification when it is sent and should be able to open the document in Illustrator and whatever vector brushes you used will remain as vectors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that did not happen. The vector brushes I used when I saved as psd
and png came into Ai on iPad as -I slated. The only ones that came in as
vector was pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't save as a psd, just send to AI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not have desktop version of illustrator. So I cannot send there. I can only export to Ai on iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I agree with @michelew83603738 and @Monika Gause. Send the Fresco file to Illustrator on Desktop, Save As Cloud Document, and open that Cloud Document in Illustrator on the Ipad to get the best results.

Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not have illustrator on desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can Export a PDF from Fresco and then import it into Illustrator, but you will lose the original layer structure. Also you will get a lot of clipping masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines