• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When placing a Adobe Draw file in Illustrator on the iPad it is getting pixelating/ low quality

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Draw for a while. I bought Illustrator for iPad Pro today. Trying to transfer from a Draw to Illustrator without pixilating.  No luck.

Everywhere says 1. Open Illustrator. 2. Open File > Place.

When I open Illustrator, all I get is icons and art board. I cannot change this and I cannot find File > Place anywhere.  Hours looking for the answer. Grrrrrr….

Please advise.

{Renamed by MOD}

[email address removed for your protection on a public forum by a different moderator]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I wanted to send something from Adobe Illustrator Draw on the iPad to Adobe Illustrator on my Windows desktop computer I typically used the send-to command from within Draw to open the artwork in Illustrator. It would open with the vector-based artwork intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. In addition to the suggestion shared above by @Bobby Henderson, you can also try any of the following workarounds:

• Open Draw app > Open Project > Tap on share icon > Select "Send to Creative Cloud as PDF."

That will save the file to (https://assets.adobe.com/files); then, you can crop/resize from that document to get a better quality image.

• Open Draw app > Open Project > Tap on share icon > Select "Create Cloud Files as PSD."
    That will save the file to (https://assets.adobe.com/files); then, you can open the File on Photoshop app on Desktop with layers. Copy layers to Illustrator File on Desktop and Saves As Cloud Document. Then open that Cloud Document in Illustrator on the Ipad.

Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator Draw files are intended to be migrated to Fresco, not Illustrator. The first time you open Fresco, all your Draw files will be migrated automatically. 

See this Adobe help page for more information:

https://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/help/sketch-draw-end-of-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaultjq7otvdi1udm wrote:

I have been using Draw for a while. I bought Illustrator for iPad Pro today.

Everywhere says 1. Open Illustrator. 2. Open File > Place.

Hi

The instructions you are finding are for the desktop version of Adobe Illustrator, not for the iPad version you just bought. On you iPad, look in the lower left. 

• Choose Create New to start a new file
  • Choose Import and open to open an existing file

7E3E7E35-D254-413C-9115-F28EB2FC7A85.jpeg

• Instead of File > Place, use the Import button on the left to import/place a file into an existing file.

88783A80-1DE0-4C0C-B648-8A2FC6E4FE67.jpeg

What is your Zoom level? Images will look pixelated if you zoom larger than 100%, so try that.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines