• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White background

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing these white backgrounds when I'm trying to create an image within an 18X18 artboard. I exported one file where I was able to see the drawing within the 18X18. From the picture attached, you can see how it has the full white background as opposed to the drawing being within the 18x18 container. When I open the file in the app, the drawing looks fine but when I save it and it takes me back to the homepage, it looks like this. Anyone know how to correct that?987C53F5-D40A-4DEF-94CA-D4A7EA4DABF2.jpeg

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're exporting from Illustrator and want to preserve

the transparency. File>Export as a PNG format 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. It exports fine, it's when I save the file and I'm viewing it on the Home Screen. I'd like to view it in the page format that I set as opposed to having to view it as if it's on an 8.5X11 artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the use Artboards option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find that in the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you export, it is in the dialog where you give a name for the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0A5B3A66-3A1F-4C95-932A-D7332DDCB85A.jpeg

 

5CD301A8-7BE7-4479-B706-78A7232115C2.jpeg

 

4E07A23B-F1ED-46A9-9A45-52C8EB73439F.jpeg

 

I'm not sure if my question is making sense to everyone so I'm attaching more pictures. The first picture is how I want it to look when I save it and close out of the project. There isn't an art board option in the iPad app for the art board. Do you know how to get my work once I save it to look like it does when I'm in the file? In the third picture, you can see the extra white space that I'm referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there perhaps paths or single anchor points in that space?

Even if invisible?

Also: the preview in the file overview might look wrong, but it really doesn't matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not that I know of. I have one drawing that does display correctly and the artboards are the same so I'm not sure why there's an inconsistenty. On the desktop it's not an issue, just the iPad app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines