• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe fresco and illustrator for android. Is Adobe owned by Apple?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just got to say, I just moved from Ipad to Android and the software support for android is absolute crap. We've had Fresco and now Illustrator out for Apple and next to nothing for android? Yes, Illustrator Draw, which has about 5 total features within the whole app. Yay for android. 

On a serious note, does Apple co. run Adobe? If so then this all would make sense. I tried doing searches and there's quite a few topics about trying to bring software to andriod and the only thing adobe moderators here have to say is "we're working on it soon" (even though these posts are years old) or "here's a link to voice your opinion" (which obviously hasn't worked much since android still has bottom of the barrel apps from Adobe).

Apple is completely... I'll leave that for another day. But I'm surprised the android community doesn't have more, unless someone can please enlighten me as to the "why" Adobe has put so very little out if you do really know what's up?

sorry for the rant, but I did have a question in there. lol. 

thanks

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get an app on Androids is a lot harder than to create for Apple.
In general Apple is a single app, while Android have multiple platforms with all sorts if different things that they have to design for.

Adobe went down the path of creating for Windows 10 rather than Android from what I have seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, it's night and day the difference between adobe apps for apple vs android, at least in regards to adobe's mobile variants of Illustrator. Being "Adobe" and who they are and the sofistication of their software, I figured they would develop for all of the major platforms.

But that's interesting, I appreciate the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vino15 wrote:

On a serious note, does Apple co. run Adobe?

sorry for the rant, but I did have a question in there. lol. 

Hi Vino,

To answer your "serious" question: No. Apple and Adobe are separate companies. Only the product developers can answer the rest of your issues, and they are under NDA. We will find out when Adobe makes an announcement.

@Vino15 wrote:

I've just got to say, I just moved from Ipad to Android

A question for you: did you make an informed decision before you moved from iPad to Android? Or did it take you by surprise?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd have to say it was a bit of both. I'm a bit of a techy. I was originally android. My phone is android. I used the ipad for Adobe's Fresco and Illustratror and loved those apps. But, unless you get the ipad pro for $1k, then the regular ipad has very little to offer specification wise. It only has 2-3gb of ram which, for me, limits it quite a bit. Aside from adobe it would force close on a lot of the apps I use. So I moved back to android's galaxy s7 tablet which offered a ton specification wise for a much better price. I did do research prior to see what apps Adobe had released for android but it wasn't until I used Illustrator Draw again a few days ago that I realized it was an app that I didn't like all that much on Ipad because of it's huge lack of features compared to Fresco and Illustrator for Ipad. 

So, while I knew that there was no Fresco and Illustrator for android it caught me by surprise on how much I would dislike Draw. It's been years since I've been on android and with Ipad coming out with Fresco and Illustrator not long ago I had thought/hoped Adobe would have brought up their android apps more than they have. Android almost feels "forgotten" compared to what I'm used to with other apps that tend to favor android. 

Adobe has created some of the most advanced software out there so yeah, I WAS surprised to see their lack of development for android. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Vino15 wrote:

Adobe has created some of the most advanced software out there so yeah, I WAS surprised to see their lack of development for android. 

We don't know if iPad for Android is in development or not and if it is, what the obstacles are and how close they may or may not be to a release date. Adobe (like all companies) tends to not discuss things until they are ready to announce it, so we have no idea what they are developing. We can only hope and / or give feedback to the developers on the feedback forum.

"sorry for the rant, but I did have a question in there. lol."

Ranting is fine! You can always do that here. 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines