• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All menus snapping shut immediately after being selected

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When menu buttons are pressed they immediately close making the app completely unusable. 

288BC023-07F4-4241-BCFC-64CE4B9D64E5.gif

it happens with other menus like colors too. 

94B33485-91F4-4EF0-8748-DE3827DD3367.gif

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob,

Sorry to hear about this and thanks for reporting this. Let me flag it to the team. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob,

Are you using an Apple pencil or fingers?

-Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both. I have tried it both ways with the same results. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional detail. We're looking into it and I'll keep you posted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jacob, I just wanted to see if you had the chance to delete and reinstall the app? You may want to see if "palm rejection" is turned on, you may also want to disconnect and reconnect your Apple Pencil.

A1076724-8528-4AA1-A4E9-2723DCF11055.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled the app with the same problem occurring. I also unpaired and repaired the Apple Pencil and turned the palm rejection on (it was off to begin with). This is happening with all menus. Even just getting into settings to adjust the palm rejection was difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening on all menus even after the steps suggested above. 

A50AFADB-0185-49A5-977A-03CA1B952839.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really unusual. What's the iPad's model? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPad Pro 11 inch (2nd Generation) running iPad OS 14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would you mind checking if you get a similar behaviour on other Adobe apps like Fresco or Photoshop on the iPad?

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the photoshop app all week without issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that. We're investigating this further and I'll keep you posted as soon as I have any update.

-Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i am experiencing the same exact thing.. I am using an IPad Air 3rd gen 2019.. PLEASE HELP !,!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As we're still investigating this issue, would you mind sharing if you are using Trackpad along with the iPad? 

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm new to the IPad so I don't think so I really don't know what trackpad is.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two-year-old glitch and Adobe still hasn't fixed this issue???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, on phone with support at the moment - had to point the agent to this article...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Told to wait two hours for a call back from senior support... A two-year-old glitch... apparently a common glitch per this article and similar articles found on the web... shouldn't be needing senior support for a glitch under these circumstances...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The saddest thing about this experience is the fact that I had to point the support agent to this article in order for him to understand the issue. Sad. Adobe's support has really dropped in quality. 

[Abusive and hateful comment removed by moderator.]
[Watch your language or risk being banned from the forums.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 2023. I decided to give this a go. On iPad Pro 13" 5th gen. 
But this happening to me as well. I have tried all of the above suggestions and I have looked for an option to increase the speed the selections stays on the screen. But nothing is working.

Did anyone find a way to fix this? Sad, I will not be using this app on iPad if this is how it works. ☹️ @Om Nath Jha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @beastancourt,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind confirming the exact version of the iPadOS & Illustrator app? Have you tried updating iPad & app, restarting the iPad, and reinstalling the Illustrator app? Please ensure the Palm rejection under the App settings > Input > Apple Pencil > Plam reaction is turned on.

Also, are you using any accessories with iPad like Apple Pencil, Magic Keyboard, or any third-party keyboard/ touchpad or accessories? Also, check that cover is not touching the screen or tempered glass applied is not damaged (if any is used).

Additionally, turn on Show tap as a blue dot from the App settings > Input > Touch to check whether any accidental touches are not happening. A blue dot will appear if there is contact with the iPad screen, which help depict the issue.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines