• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t figure out how to add a continous gradient to text

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text is outlined. I have tried grouping and ungrouping the individual letters, but the gradient is applying to each individual letter instead of a single gradient across the entire object. On desktop, I usually remedy this by using the gradient tool and spreading it across the selected object. But there's no gradient tool for iPad, just a swatch thingy. 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

D05E6139-FA63-450F-83F7-69040DFDA374.jpeg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try converting the outlines to a single compound path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good idea. It's treating the outlined objects as separate elements. Can you tell me how I can do compound paths? Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out this iPad version of Illustrator. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the right edge of your screen are several panels. Click on them to discover what operations they include. One of them will allow you to create a compound path from one or more selected objects (like letterforms that have been converted to outlines).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines