• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors changing when importing from ipad to desktop

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem with Illustartor when importing ai files from iPad to desktop. I have a project done mostly on iPad, but when I open the same ai file on desktop, the colors change visibly. What could cause this? Is the color profile wrong on desktop? Which should it be, so it matches the colors on Illustrator on the iPad? Anyone else having the same problem?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

I have noticed that CMYK colors can look a lot brighter and more saturated on the iPad than they do on the desktop - they look more like RGB colors. Are you using global swatches from Pantone color books, like the Color Bridge guide? Or are you mixing colors with the sliders?

When I use swatches or color formulas from a Pantone guide I'm happy that the swatches, numbers and formulas are consistent from iPad to desktop, but I think the difference in what you see might just be because they are 2 d

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention, the document is on CMYC mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have noticed that CMYK colors can look a lot brighter and more saturated on the iPad than they do on the desktop - they look more like RGB colors. Are you using global swatches from Pantone color books, like the Color Bridge guide? Or are you mixing colors with the sliders?

When I use swatches or color formulas from a Pantone guide I'm happy that the swatches, numbers and formulas are consistent from iPad to desktop, but I think the difference in what you see might just be because they are 2 different screens. The iPad doesn't seem to use color profiles - file info shows "untagged CMYK" so there's not a matching color profile you could use on the desktop, other than "don't color manage". I'm not 100% sure about this, but that's how it looks to me.

I would lean towards using RGB on the iPad and then convert it on the desktop - or - use CMYK swatches and formulas you can check in a Pantone book if you have to use CMYK on the iPad, and live with the fact that it is going to look different on screen than it will when printed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines